Norton is the new computer software security suite. Having the ability to work on MS Windows, Android, iOS and Mac OS platforms, the antivirus is an effective solution for all users. Also, the availability of multiple editions allows you to get the protection according to the number of devices you have. Here, you will find the complete guide to uninstall old software and install Norton antivirus.
Uninstall your old security software
In order to have the Norton antivirus setup, you need to remove the old software first. Here is how you can do that.
- Go to the Start menu available in the left-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the Control Panel.
- When you are in the control panel, follow the suitable steps given below.
- The Windows 7, 8 and 10 users should open the programs and features section.
- The Windows Vista users need to go to the “uninstall a program” option.
- The Windows XP users need to select the “add or remove program”.
- In the directory of the programs, you need to click on the old Norton program and other software. Select uninstall or remove the option to complete the task.
- Now, you can select the Norton Complete Uninstall option.
- When a Subscription Waiting Period Warning appears, you can click “Next”.
- Finally, you can click on the “Restart now” option. This will allow the computer to completely uninstall the software.
How to install Norton security ? If that’s the question you have in mind, here are all the steps:
- You need to go to the Norton com setup with the help of your account.
- Use your email id and the password to enter the account.
- Now you can select the Sign In button.
- If you are entering for the first time after the purchase, the account will lead you to select one of the options- “Install on this device” or “Install on another device”.
- You must select the “Agree & Download” option to get the software on your current device.
Getting your product key
- You can get the Norton com setup product key from your Norton Account.
- enter Norton product key for the activation of the product.